The Arabic word ‘Islam’ means peace and submission. As such, the religion of Islam teaches how to achieve true peace of mind and surety of heart, by submitting ourselves to God and live according to His Divinely revealed Law.
Muslim is someone who submit himself to the will of God. In this sense, every creation is considered as Muslim, which has submitted to the will of its Creator.
Becoming a Muslim is a simple and easy process. All that a person has to do is to understand the fundamental beliefs with intellectual reasons and pronounce a sentence called the Testimony of Faith (Shahadah), which is as:
“Ash’hado anLa ilaha illa Allah, wa Ash’hado anna Muhammadar Rasoolullah.”
It means, “I testify, There is no true God but God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Prophet of God.” Once a person says the Testimony of Faith (Shahadah) with conviction and understanding its meaning, then he/she has become a Muslim. However, to become Shia Muslim, he/she should also say:
“Wa Ash’hado anna Aliyyun Valiyyullah, wa Vasiyyo Rasoolillah, wa Khalifataho bila fasl”
“I testify that Ali is the beloved of God, the Heir of the prophet of God, and the his first Successor.”
It is that easy! To hear the Testimony (Shahadah), click here or call us for assistance: 0800 0016516.
What are the fundamental beliefs of a Muslim?
Apart from believing in oneness of God and in Muhammad (PBUH & HP) as His final prophet, A Muslim should also believe in the followings:
- Holy Quran as the word of God
- All other prophets before prophet Muhammad (PBUH & HP)
- All previous books, which are revealed to His Prophets.
- His angels.
- His Divine Justice
- The Divine Leadership (Imamah)
- The Resurrection Day.
We are at your service
If you have followed the guidance above and converted to Islam by yourself, then rest assured that you are not alone, rather the same faith is shared by Millions of people across the globe. We highly recommend that you join SCS now to use its various free services. Congratulations! And welcome to Islam and to the new community of SCS.
You are now on the path of SALVATION
- Enjoying the direct conversations with your Lord through daily prayers.
- Realising the true purpose of your life.
- Recognising your God and following His commandments.
- Reaching to the true happiness, tranquillity, and inner peace.
- Feeling always that your Lord is with you, knows everything and is there to take care of you.
- Getting comfort by knowing that your previous sins are forgiven while there is no need of other human beings to make confessions to.
- Receiving guidance to be out of the darkness of confusions and doubts.
- Finally, being ready to do the good deeds and avoid major and minor sins. You are promised by God the reward of eternal Paradise (Heaven) and safe from hellfire. There are uncountable benefits of practicing Islam both spiritual ones as well as physical ones.